but my second is coming along much better. i took my time with the machine sewing stage and she isn't as lop sided.
i had to use a different backing fabric and one side is still not right but overall she is much better.
i am not happy with the base and would change that next time but overall i think that Darren and Sarena will be happy with it.
i used one of the gorgeous crocheted flowers that i received in a Valentine swap from seashells and silver (thanks Kimberley) she bought them from this etsy shop ~ www.AnnieDesign.etsy.com ~
and i personalized this babushka, all that is left to do is hunt down the red ribbon for her front and sides. i couldn't understand how to put the ribbons in before i sewed her shut so i will do it differently. (i put bells on my first one and they are just as sweet)
i will be back with a final photo, i would like to have her finished tonight as i start back at work tomorrow and need to concentrate on the term ahead.
smooches to you all and enjoy your week.