Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my creative space

MY CREATIVE SPACE
i have been lurking around many blogs peeking in at their 'creative spaces' and decided to post about mine. i am busy stitching up an order of 15 brooches and have had to put aside a request from a close friend, which is good because i cant decide which colour to go with. maybe you can help.....
here are some of my girls ready for faces and embellishments and then i have to fill them and back them...me oh my i better get cracking!!
and here is what is causing my dilemma...
do i go with the plain blue on the left or the cream and greens on the right???
i have had a request for a boyish type babushka and since i mainly deal with pinks and roses etc.. this has been quite hard...
i am leaning toward the green and maybe finding a less bright green felt. what do you think? the blue is nice and the front piece is as boyish as i could find, sort of a paisley, frondy type pattern on the material. choosing colours for another person would have to be THE hardest thing about making presents :)
anyhow there you have it, busy teacher and mother who just wants to stitch instead. enjoy the rest of your week
%*_*% rosey

7 comments:

  1. You are the busy one...15 brooches,How great is that!
    I am glad I don't feed my Family on the $$ I make from cupcakes....We'd sure be hungry! lol!
    The boy inspired Bab dolls will be Interesting,Make sure to show us:)
    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boyish babushkas? mmm...I have never seen one, but it's a good try, I don't know but nautical theme seems a good fit for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! They're looking incredible, and congrats on the order!!! That's great.
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blue with the bird print

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosey,
    Oh, they are soo cute.
    As for the boy theme, i'd go the light denim look or darker.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete