Friday, September 25, 2009

slower than a snail...

the order for funky fabrix is coming along rather slowly and i blame school holidays, renovations and my THREE CHILDREN for the lack of time i can spend on stitching up these pretty little ornaments. i must say the fabric that shona has supplied me with is stunning when put together. i have co-ordinated the fabrics for this set of 5 birds and i might be able to mix it up again for the next set. what do you think? will this make a nice store front display?? i can just imagine a Christmas tree adorned with all of these hearts and birds...now if i could just get back to the next 30....
ENJOY!
i have placed them in a big box and added some nice smelly wax goodies from Lisa from inn country/olive grove primitives it smells so good each time i lift the lid to add a new ornament.
a closer peek.
here is one set of fabric combinations, i will mix it up again for the next lot.
i will do some more of these. i have more of the dotty fabric than anything else so if i run out of the other fabric i will just keep making them with the pretty dotty fabric
and here you can see the opposites used, very nice indeed.
my plans for tonight... cut out my next 10 items with the hope of working on them this weekend!
over and out.

13 comments:

  1. These are the jolliest, sweetest looking birds! You did a great job Rosey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute ! You'll get there don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just gorgeous eye candy! its amazing how little time we do get after all the other things to do! Suzie. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The fabrics and your detail to stitching these lil treats look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I agree the tree will be adorable with those on.I love all of the fabrics but my favorites are the polka dots and the red to the right of the 4th pic.It looks a bit antique.Enjoy the weekend Rosey dont work to hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosey,
    Ah, well done, they look gorgeous.
    I'm hearing everyone say "I need more hours in a day"
    I'm hoping to get some hand sewing done this weekend. Not very nice weather to be out playing.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, when you say you "can't" sew -- is that a play on words. I really can't sew! I can cross-stitch and crochet, but can't sew a button (at least not one that will stay in place). These ornaments are absolutely adorable! I love the mix of patterns and colors Very cute indeed! Pece & blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person who doesn't know how to sew. A friend was teaching me to use a sewing machine once to do a logcabin quilt piece for a pillow (that was the late 80's). I couldn't control the speed on the foot pedal (iron foot, just like when I drive) so needless to say, she finished it off for me because the sewing just wasn't working for me (that's the one and only time I've used a sewing machine in my life). I would definitely try handsewing some things and am inspired by your work. Thanks for your visit to my blog. :) And good luck with selling all your lovely handiwork! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the different combinations of materials, ribbons and buttons. I reckon that's going to be a pretty spectacular window display!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all!!! I love the fabric choice, they look great together. My fave is the red polkadot bird with the green wings and its vice versa twin.

    oh! Don't we all blame our lack of time to our kids... I wish I could have more hours in one day too (and more energy, indeed!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you were able to find my blog again. Thanks for your kind comments. Coming from someone as creative as you means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY cute! Although it makes me panic because these are the first Christmas-y things I see this year! Oh no oh no not winter already!

    Thank you thank you for your lovely comment - keep your fingers crossed nothing happens to the book during the printing process and that I don't get the flu or some sort of... speech problem or fall over or....

    ReplyDelete