1. can you sell items you have made from a pattern in a book?
2. sometimes i draw my own designs other times i copy from a book or image on the computer, can i sell the items that i have copied?
3. can you sell items you have made from a pattern you have bought, for example could i sell the babushka doll i made from a pattern that one red robin published? or a stitchery from a pattern from Clare's craftroom?
4. is it OK to adapt a pattern from a book, for example turn a finger puppet into a brooch?
5. can i find a quote on the Internet and then find a picture in a book to match and sell the end product?
6. if someone writes copyright on their site what does it mean? and do they really have the right to type it?
7. the photos that i will show in this post are inspiring me... can i copy them and perhaps turn them into a stitchery or softie?
8. if i do use pictures or patterns that are not from my inspiration or drawn by me do i have to quote the original source?
i probably have more questions but i just cant think right now. i have been honest and would like your honest, informed answers.
now onto my finds for the day...
look closely... yep that is a babushka doll SHOWER CAP!! i have taken photos of the kids wearing it which i will post on my other blog tomorrow. and look at these lip glosses... i have already added some to presents, the rest are destined for the reward box. (my girls have been angels since this purchase)
this is a card for someones birthday this month, it is so sweet printed on brown recycled paper. part of the woodland folk set, i have already sealed the deer, oh so sweet. this might inspire a painting or softie...
and i couldn't go past this for my 12 year old god daughter, isn't it beautiful??? it is part of a silhouette series. i can just imagine it as a stitchery :o)
there you have it, i love finding sweet things, they make me feel good.
i really hope that those of you who read this leave a comment no matter how insignificant you think it might be. i want so much to be successful at this crafting business (not holding my breath or giving up my day job) but i would hate to offend anyone or do anything 'illegal'.
thanks for you time and support.